Thursday, February 24, 2011

Nick Mamatas is a Putz

After listening to his interview, I realized that he is exactly the type of person I believed him to be. He is snide and overconfident in his (lack of) abilities. Throughout the interview he repeatedly mocks his clients and continually tries to assert his mental dominance over the majority of the human race. He even went so far as to mention how he used to sabotage certain clients based on if they were "nasty" and hurt his feelings. Nick would send the client's professor a copy of the "model" paper he wrote for the student and of course many students did not make much of an attempt, if any, to alter the paper.

Nick really did it this time. I mean I knew that he was a loser, but this really cemented it for me. He took such pride and joy in propping himself up as some superior being who was capable of writing term papers which normal people were too stupid to do. He laughed in between his remarks and didn't even attempt to dress up his disgusting ways. Mamatas comes across as sleazy and untrustworthy, often talking too quickly for his own good. Ego drips off of every word he says and it feels as though he might asphyxiate from it at many points. This interview was great. It really proved once and for all how much of a creep he is, and how little respect he has for those who used his services. Nick Mamatas does not care about his clients and he never did. All he cared about was making a quick buck.

He claims this job afforded him the free time to be able to work on novels and other projects, but seriously, can anyone name something written by him? That is, besides your last term paper.

6 comments:

  1. Mamatas is a "putz" who might "asphyxiate" on his own ego -Ouch! Stylish, and well written. Ironically, you showcase a bit of Mamatas-like venom here yourself. Not to worry; you're one of the good guys. Mamatas sinks his fangs into the weak whereas you are biting a snake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a unique writing style. This is by far my favorite post. I agree with everything you said about Nick Mamatas, especially after seeing his livejournal. My favorite line, however comes in the last paragraph when you state: "He claims this job afforded him the free time to be able to work on novels and other projects, but seriously, can anyone name something written by him?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your last term paper, classic. That is the funniest line posted, yet I wonder if Mr. Mamatas knows how much fun we're having with this. All because of his involvement, we are able to keep posting new threads that they might be able to pick apart. The fun they have on livejournal spewing hate and ignorance must make them proud on a daily basis. I'm glad that Nick is smarter than anyone in our class. Since he paid for college and is a working adult, he should be fairly proud, too. I think I'm going to make a livejournal account and have some fun there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your kind words.

    Good luck, Dom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Livejournal was fun, maybe next time I'll proofread certain things before I post them. I had a lot of grammar errors. And apparently, I have a great many idiomatic preposition errors. That's something that I might want to ask Carty about. At least it didn't stop me from getting advanced proficient on my HSPA or a 700 on my English section for my SAT. I must be this hidden failure, though? I do wonder sometimes if people make up things because they know you don't know the difference? They could have had a field day with me by lying seeing as I don't know the difference between a lot of rules. This just makes me want to change my major to English, so that I can be a more effective speaker and writer when I'm older.

    ReplyDelete